2. Do You Remember Your First Time? Let's Explore Visualization Techniques
What do some stroke victims, elite athletes, and business titans have in common?
They use visualization to either activate neuroplasticity as in the case of some stroke victims and elite athletes such as LeBron James and Michael Phelps and business titans such as Richard Branson of the Virgin Group, Sara Blakely, founder of Spanx, and Elon Musk, founder of Tesla and SpaceX all use visualization techniques to envision a desired future outcome.
What about you? Do you remember the first time you intentionally developed a vision for your life? Have you ever?
I don’t like to admit this but the first time I was intentional about creating a vision for my life was in 2020. Prior to that, I had visions of what I’d hoped would happen. Intentional visualization allows you to *create* the outcome you want. My first time was one of the most eye-opening experiences I’d ever had because, for the first time, I thought about what my life could look like, and how each day could start, and I still have that vision in my head today.
During this episode, we’ll explore visualization and how it can help you on the path to redesign your life.
FEATURED ON THE SHOW:
- BetterUp article that provides background on creative visualization
- Miracle Morning S.A.V.E.R.S. from The Miracle Morning for Entrepreneurs
- Frontiers of Psychology article on nature-based guided imagery
WHAT YOU'LL LEARN:
- How mental exercise is just as important as physical exercise.
- How outcomes and process visualization techniques complement each other.
- How creative visualization triggers a process called selective attention.
- 5 steps to begin a basic visualization exercise.
Don't Miss A Single Episode!
- Listen on your favorite streaming site: Apple, Spotify, Google, iHeartRadio, YouTube
- Subscribe on YouTube